First, an answer to a comment:
The funny thing about home schooling is that it was easy to make the decision and start. The hardest part has been dealing with people about my decision. It's usually 50/50. Iv'e had people dead set against it, and people all for it. I've learned not to get too wound up about comments either way.
This is my first “official” year. (As a matter of fact, I just got the letter in last night from my county school system confirming it. Way to stay on top of things!)
I just have Frick in kindergarten this year, and Frack is doing pre-school workbooks that I also used with Frick.
If you’re thinking about doing it, I have these words of advice:
It’s best to have great people to support you, lots and lots of yarn, and wine. I think the most important part is to remember to make time for YOU. I like to call them mental health breaks . Trust me when I say: EVERYONE around you will be happier.
Second,
Welcome back Javajem! I’m glad to have you back (and not because of the fab gifts!!!)
CFO did ask why I needed more yarn (he’s still in denial) and asked if I was going to be able to knit it all before it went bad…
(He did qualify that statement by pointing out that I don’t like to use the AC in the summer, and since the house can get a bit humid, I have to think about mold. But heck – that’s what all the plastic containers are for!!!)
Have no fear. The Brooks Farm came to a happy home, will have lots of friends to play with, and someday will let me know what it wants to be when it grows up!
And no dear, I do not have enough knitting bags.
Friday, October 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
yeah! I'm glad it found a happy home :)
Post a Comment