Thursday, October 12

I'm a goner...

Yesterday, I had a migraine by the time I got home (it was a long day). I looked in the mailbox when I pulled into the driveway and found this:


Considering the timing, I knew it could only mean one thing.

The only thing keeping me from running to the post office was the fact that I WOULD hurl if I didn't bury myself under a few blankets.

Today, after a trip to the post office where I found out the mail was already on the way to my house, I got home and waited patiently for (stalked) the postal carrier. I was re-arranging Frick & Frack's room and saw him pull up outside the window, and went flying downstairs so fast I even beat the dog to the door.

So here I am in the big sheep pasture in the sky with warm toes, a new skein of yarn, a stitch holder, a tape measure, and a few new friends.

(the picture would be here if the freaking thing would upload!!! I'll try again later.)

Thank you so very much Ninja Knitter!!!
And a big thanks goes to Yarn Monkey. This was the first time I'd done ANYTHING like this and enjoyed ALL of it.

STT came tonight wearing the socks that killed her 3 days ago. She still hasn't taken them off!

(Let's all take a moment to be grateful they haven't come up with scratch 'n sniff blogs.)




And we're at the home stretch for the Knit A Thon on Saturday. I can't express the feelings that this whole process has bought out in me. I've always been into the Charity Knitting. I have been blessed with the opportunity to help out, and this has been the most fun.

Funky Hat Lady was knitting at her usual pace:

This preemie hat was started and finished in a little over a hour.

THIS is what she's done during her breaks this week.

The woman is a knitting feind!

These hats and more will be going to Howard County General Hospital.

That place holds a special spot in my heart since Frick & Frack were both born there. Their doctor is on call in their NICU once a month. I happened to be knitting a preemie hat the day of Frack's 4yr visit,

(the visit that I just got a ginormous bill for because her last visit was 364 days ago and not 365. 20 minutes later the agent was going GIVE me the extra day and reprocess the claim..Nice huh?)

and Dr. A mentioned how much She enjoyed giving them to the little babies. So, that's where we're sending those.

Wanda from SOS came by just before we left tonight. She brought us tags to attach to the scarves. She told us how Last year Howard County had 150 breast cancer patients and that she was one of them.

Survivors Offering Support
SOS is a new support program that pairs informed and trained breast cancer survivor volunteers with newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. SOS volunteers are matched with new patients by similarities of age, lifestyle and stage of breast cancer. Volunteers share their personal breast cancer experiences and provide insight and emotional support to new patients.

They give baskets to the ladies after they have their surgery, and among the contents are hand knit scarves. STT & I finally have received our first hand-knit items that we have not made for ourselves. Granted, they are socks that were sent to kill us, but the joy of knowing somebody we have never met shared their gifts with us makes them THE BEST SOCKS EVER!!!

We're hoping the recipients of the scarves feel the same way.

That's what I'll be doing the next few days. I'll post by Sunday with MANY, MANY pictures.

Here's hoping I'll be meeting some of you there.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Yeah!! You're dead! Now we can all sit around and enjoy our socks. If you ever can't get an image to upload in blogger (it happens to me almost every time) just upload it somewhere like photobucket or snapfish and use the image URL instead.

As for the preemie hats - holy wow that woman can knit!

I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow - have fun!!

Nittany Knits said...

By the way- I'm still wearing the socks