Monday, October 2

So THAT'S why!

Being a wife and mom requires many skills that I didn't realize I had. It requires tons more patience than I ever dreamed I possessed, (and working as a Customer Service agent for a major carrier at JFK proved I was a patient person!) I wasn't expecting to be a SAHM, we were not ready to when Frick was born. Things happened, and it was done. Then Frack came, and then, when we decided to homeschool, I realized that I needed to multiply all the skills and patience I had by about a zillion, then I just might be able to do it.

Some days I'm very happy. Some days I wonder about my sanity. Some days I'm hanging in by my toe nails without a safety net. Some days I just don't know who I am anymore,

and some days I wonder why I do it.

Frack loves her milk. Collectively, we consume about 3 gallons of milk a week, and she drinks about 2 gallons on her own.
Yesterday, I went to the market and I forgot to get some more. When I got home and saw I had only an open gallon left, I asked her:

"Frack, what would happen if Mommy ran out of hot chocolate?"

Without missing a beat, Frack replied, "That's ok. I love you anyway."

That's why.

2 comments:

Giantsknitter said...

It's amazing how we've been dragged into this life of blogetry, isn't it?!

Jody said...

Awe! You are such a good mom!

It's the little things that make it all worth while :)