Sunday, October 8

I’m working on it; I’m working on it!

Life is getting in the way of my knitting. This weekend has been crazy full of events that I've had to postpone ISOD knitting for.

It started on Friday and the season premier of Battlestar Gallactica. I actually got the leg done and turned the heel of sock #2 in those 2 hrs.

Saturday morning was spent working the gusset decreases and making and decorating birthday cupcakes for Lola in the AM.
Then attending a birthday party for our friend's 2yo.
Then a birthday dinner for Lola and cupcakes at their house Saturday night where Frick & Frack had a slumber party.



(While I think a Japanese steak house might not be the best environment for knitting, Duckie tried to keep me on target and I was able to get an inch of the foot done.)

(Yes, that would be the seafood sauce and grill behind him. Brave duck. )


Then CFO and I had a date night (you know you're in for a good evening when the band is playing Rio when you arrive.)
(You know you're old if you started singing Rio...)
After getting home at 2, we watched The Birds. Or rather, I watched The Birds while CFO snored in my ear. After several beverages, there was no knitting to be done. It's better that way. I don't want to be cited for drinking & knitting.

Then today Frick, Frack, STT, STT's girl child, Duckie and I went apple picking and spent a glorious day outside. STT and I traded places and she was Mommy to Frick & Frack while I was Mommy to Girl. It was fun seeing the look off puzzlement when the 2 who are OBVIOUSLY mine would say Mommy and STT would answer, and the same would happen when Girl called to me.
We had fun.


Girl was worried Duckie would be afraid of heights (that ladder was a bit high). I pointed out that any of God's creatures that have the ability to fly should not be afraid of heights.

Right?



I'm finishing the ISOD up tonight (Hopefully. The chick wears a size 6. Why is this taking so long?). I've got Cider House Rules, Stepmom, and Runaway Bride to choose from.
Then again, after 2 - No, wait, hold on...OK, I'm back - 3 glasses of wine, and WAAAY more exercise than I'm used to, I just might go to bed.

With luck, it should be out FedEx tomorrow. 5pm pick up.



3 comments:

Nittany Knits said...

Wow, that duck sure has a lot of talents! I've even heard a rumor that he is also an undercover superhero (who DOES NOT wear a cape) That would explain his lack of fear while knitting near the habachi grill

Giantsknitter said...

I got lots of knitting done during the 2 fracking hours of BG, too! You are the only other person I know who watches it!! I knew I like you!! :-)

And, BTW, hibachi kintting?! Maybe they should make that an Xtreme Sport!!

Large Marge said...

I had visions of flaming socks. Then I was trying to remember what the Yarn Harlot said about the burn factor for various yarns...