I was yelled at for not being specific enough in my answers. And by someone who had nothing to do with SP. Go figure!
Hope these answers are better!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm easy, anything soft is a fav of mine.
I haven't found anything I won't knit with yet.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Vase for straight, mug boss for dpn's and crochet hooks, and am in search of something cool for my circs.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for about 2 years now, learned by checking books and videos out of the library.
I would consider myself intermediate, but I've been told I'm advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have one for the library, and one for Knitpicks.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Vanillaish(sugar cookie, cinnamon rolls, etc...) and Lilac, but I only use scented candles.
I'm allergic to everything else.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Heck yes! Frosted Flakes or cookies (Oreos, Nilla Wafers, Tea Biscuits and the like) usually keep me going.
Bubble gum flavored bubble gum.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
My latest obsession is quilting. Home improvement projects, sewing, and I'm hoping to get back to stained glass, someday...
I have a drop spindle that I'm learning on.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Everything except for freaky modern jazz and rap. Although I do LOVE the Black Eyed Peas!
Yes it does.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple!! Earth tones (brick, clay,browns, greens) and jewel tones.
Pink and neon bright colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Husband, 2 daughters and dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats and mittens if ABSOLUTELY necessary. Usually it's a miracle I even button my coat.
And I love to knit WHY?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks. Oh the possibilities!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, hat, shawl, socks, lace stole, scarf, stocking, socks, preemie hat, and socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yeppers!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I swing both ways!
Everything but soft plastic. I knit too tight and don't like how they bend.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years. It's a Burial bunting I just couldn't bring myself to finish. I'm thinking of making a memory envelope instead.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, fabric, books, crosses, carousel horses.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting International.
On my wishlist are:
Knitting by Meg Swansen
Mosaic Knitting By Barbara Walker
Lavish Lace: Knitting With Hand-Painted Yarns by Carol R. Noble & Cheryl Potter
and
A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Illusion knitting
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Heck yes, US woman's 8
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
11/09 - I'm 35 :O)
Monday, October 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey, Girl! Did you join SP9? I didn't even try because of the 10 posts rule. I am such a Goody-Two-Shoes! Yech!
Post a Comment