Thursday, October 19

I love my kids! And field trips too!

So from the moment Frick got up this morning, she's been wanting to knit. No problem, she needs the practice. She sits on the couch with her scarf and hot chocolate and starts right up.

So she asks,

"Mommy, when can I join your knitting group. When I'm 10 or 16?"

"When you can sit for 2 hours and do nothing but knit and talk about yarn."

"Cool! I can do that now! I love yarn!"

At this point Frack walks into the room and Frick tells her what I said. All you hear for the next few minutes is Frack mumbling (with her thumb in her mouth),

"In through the front door, once around the back. Peek through the window, off jumps Jack"

as she watches Frick knit.

Priceless...


CFO is on his way home from work right now (he keeps odd hours) and we're doing lunch at IKEA!!! I'm so excited I could spit!

No I don't get out much.

I'm in search of a few items to make my life organized. Between home schooling, knitting, quilting, Pampered Chef, and the general chaos that surrounds me in my world, I need to do something or be completely overwhelmed.

So I decided that the first thing I need to organize is the craft/guest room. In this one room, I've boxes of fabric and yarn, my sewing table, rolling chair, a full sized bed, 2 dressers, a bookcase, and a reading/knitting chair. It's a big enough room, just has STUFF everywhere.

Once I get that room done, I can move STUFF out of the small bedroom that's supposed to be another guest room/home office. That room is a walk in closet. I've about 6 storage containers, and 2 or 3 huge boxes of clothes, another huge box of fabric, another full sized bed, a dresser and a desk. It's where all the things that need to be donated or trashed go to hide before they actually leave the premises. They know that when they arrive in that room, they've a reprieve that could last up to a year or two.

My biggest issue is that I have too much STUFF (who doesn't?) and the when it comes to STUFF, I've the organizational skills of a gnat. I'm devoting Saturday morning and afternoon to getting ONE of those rooms done. When I do, I'll be able to get the STUFF that's all over the downstairs, upstairs, and when people come over next week, they'll think that I'm one of those June Cleaver type housewives.

(I did try wearing pearls everyday for a while for inspiration. I thought if I did, I could somehow channel June Cleaver and Margaret Anderson. It didn't work.)

So off to IKEA I go for inspiration. When I get home I'll watch everything on HGTV today and tomorrow for inspiration, and with any luck, the high that comes after watching a marathon of home shows will last through Saturday.

Here goes!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Wow! I could use some inspiration to get organized too. I don't think pearls will work. For me - it's the threat of company...

Maybe once that sewing room gets done - we can actually work on our quilts?

One day - I'll get that darn quilt done!!

Well at least I can dream!