Thursday, May 10

S&W Part II

This was supposed to be posted already but CFO is out of town, so naturally, Frick is sick and Frack is cranky.

We spent the afternoon Saturday looking around at all the marvelous sights. It’s amazing the talent that was displayed everywhere!

These incredible drop spindles are from Goldings.




I also got to meet the artist behind these:

These are the amazing glass needles from Michael and Sheila Ernst as well as Mr. Ernst himself standing in front of the “Do not drop “ glass spindles. They were so nice! I’ve been lusting after the spindles for some time now. Someday! Only for show, I’d NEVER try to spin anything with it. It’s just too darn beautiful!








I love going into the show area just to see incredible things that others have made.


He made me smile!


Can you believe this was entirely hand felted?!?

And this is Barbie size. She got extra points for her incredible gauge!


Hanging with the spinners at the end of the day was the best.
Not only did we get to sit in a warm room, I got to try out different wheels. Total strangers were willing to let me spin on their wheels.

I swear we fiber folk are all a bunch of enablers!



Here’s a chakra wheel:

It's what Gandhi used.

I was also helped out with my drafting technique. That’s my biggest downfall!

Next post:
The purchases!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I gotta say, you sure know how to work a festival. That lion and rabbit....they kinda freak me out though.

Nittany Knits said...

No lie, the Spin-In was by far the highlight of the day. And it was free. And warm. And they gave out prizes!

Can't wait until next year.