Monday, May 28

Oopsies!

So I’m all proud of myself for finally figuring out this 2-sock thing. I’m finished with the ribbing and up to the straight knit that goes much faster.

Delusions of grandeur and bragging rights going through my head.
Figured I’d start now since I have the feeling the heel turn will be kicking my arse.

Idiot that I am, I continued knitting while enjoying Margaritas on a hot and sunny Saturday afternoon, instead of being smart and working on the bag I’m making on size 10 ½ needles in garter stitch.

Yesterday morning I found this.
See the wee bit o red sneaking in?

Judging my how many rows back it was, I think the error occurred sometime after my 2nd margarita, before fully into my 3rd.
Considering they were big girl glasses, I’m kinda amazed that I only made one mistake!
I thought I could fix it just dropping and slipping out that one stitch, but alas, I crossed it.
With every error comes a new lesson learned.

The good news is: My gauge is completely off. I never thought I could knit so loose! And if I had gotten to the point where I could try it on, I would have found that the sock was way too big.So I must try again, casting on using size 1’s GASP and hope for the best.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Impressive regardless of any errors. I'm amazed at how clearly that red piece popped through!

Nittany Knits said...

You were the bartender, you should have known how strong those margaritas were.

We should have seperate projects that we only work on while we are drinking together.