We went straight to our favorite spot where we made our first purchase of the day at 8:38 am.After that, I was in a yarn-induced frenzy. So very many wonderful things EVERYWHERE. We finally came up for air at 10am when we stopped for breakfast.

That was a rather tasty lamb burger and gyro.
In case you ever wondered, this is what around $400 of yarn looks like.
(NOT ALL MINE!!)

It was at this time that I realized that I was perilously close to my budget. I would have to be very careful if I didn’t want to go over. I tried. I really really tried!
Well fortified, we went back into the frey.

This would be the line for the place selling BMFA. 
Where we ran into Knitglitz and Pumpkin Spice. I found out that Mr. Spice is the artist behind the portrait that graces her blogspot. Cute, sweet, and talented!
We roamed around, looked at some more yarn. A few nifty gadgets, incredibly beautiful woodwork, art, sheep, alpaca, bunnies, baskets, brooms…


Do you think they know??

It was like walking in a dream world.
Where people do not look at you funny when you ask to touch the sweater they have on.
You can sniff yarn to your hearts content.
Total strangers are willing to help you decide between Admiral and Med. Blue (since your pal left to fondle yarn at the booth across the way), and they truly understand the dilemma! (I got both.)
Nirvana!!!
At some point, we did go drop off our purchases and get chairs so we can sit with our fellow Guild members.
You know you’re amongst kindred spirits when you find out that the RV she has parked right outside the main entrance is equipped with a swift and ball winder!!!!This post is way to photo heavy. I’m quitting while I’m ahead!
More tomorrow!



3 comments:
So when does the ticker start for next year! I am trying to convince Mr. Spice that he should host of "husband's tailgate" in the lot next year. Where did you see the beautiful spindles?
Thanks for allowing me to re-live it. Just the mid day break I needed ;-)
Hey! I didn't run into you guys at all! I saw everyone else though! What a haul! It was the best weekend!
Post a Comment