Wednesday, March 21

Finish it or Frog it.

Brilliant idea I got from somewhere (I think maybe Lime & Violet) and we decided to do it at tonight’s Guild meeting.

The idea is that you bring in your stubborn UFO’s.

- You know the one. You started out fine, were about 2 or 3 skeins into the project, then – BAM! A baby gift to knit, so you put it down.
While you were at your LYS looking for that baby yarn, you got your hands on some FAB hand dyed merino.
Then there was that cashmere that just leaped into your basket.
Don’t forget S&W!
Add a new knitting book (or 3), the latest Interweave, Vogue Knitting, …and lo and behold, the cute preschooler you were knitting the bubblegum pink/orange/chartreuse (her color choices) sweater for, is studying for her SAT’s. -

Then you show it to the group. They will then decide for you if you should actually finish the darn thing or give up and frog the sucker.

I generously offered to bring my winder and swift to do the deed if you can’t bring yourself to do it yourself.

I’m good at it (right STT?).

Here’s what I’m taking:

Cashmere project. Same dye lot, two totally different colors. I think it takes the prize for the most times that I started something with it and frogged. I believe this is attempt #5.

Drawstring bag I started with yarn from S&W 2 years ago, and a field trip STT and I took last year.

Hobo bag I started to crochet back before I started knitting.

Burial Bunting. I started it as a charity project and just can’t seem to work on. It’s been 2 ½ years… maybe if I frog it I’ll donate the yarn or make premie caps out of it.

We’ll see what they say…

No comments: