I did take the sign seriously, and was afraid to take out the camera, but luckily, Javajem had no such fears, so check out her blog for some great pics.

This weekend was an early birthday gift for myself. STT and I took an incredible class learning the Swedish technique of tvåändsstickning, or twined knitting, and knit a small mitten. (And no, after 6 hours, I STILL can't pronounce it right!) I thought my head was going to explode by the time we got our first break, but I struggled on!
This is Frack modeling my first FINISHED one!!!

I’m on mitten #2, and must say, it was a LOT easier to do it than the first one. I can’t believe I got this far on my own!
It took us 4 hours to get this far on the first one.
(STT was good about teaching herself to knit with her right hand. I gave up after the first round. That's why I was further along.)
This took a little over an hour.

Beth Brown-Reinsel is the most incredible teacher! She is OBVIOUSLY a pro, but never once made us feel inferior. She was so very patient, and didn’t rush us. Next year, I hope to take her Danish Skrå-trøjer knitting class. I want to make a cute little sweater for Duckie. :O)
I was good about not buying too much. Since we both started knitting about the same time, STT and I give each other gift certificates to yarn shops for our birthdays in our ages (getting older has it’s perks!). This year she gave me cash to use at Stitches, so I splurged on this:
Brooks Farm, Primero, 100% Kid Mohair, 500 yds.
Yummmmy!
Happy Birthday to me!
I got a few more goodies, mini-skeins, roving, and a few patterns that I found for .75 each! Couldn't pass it up!
(blogger is teasing me again, and I reached my limit to how many pictures I can upload at a time.)
It was a great day, and well worth the money. Who would have thought that sitting in a 6 hr knitting class would exhaust you that much!? (I guess running up and down 2 levels to get to Market a few times didn't help.) (The escalator took too long.)
I am so looking forward to next year.


2 comments:
I love that mohair.
I had a go at twined knitting many years ago, but never got up to any speed.
I did make a warm pair of mittens though.
Your SP9P
So glad you got to use your birthday money on something you loved! Looking forward to celebrating with you on the day.
Post a Comment