Thursday, September 28

Another great knitting day

As every day is! Followed by a great knitting night.
Javajem got her socks from Sock Wars in the mail and wore them to K1P2 tonight (I forgot to take a picture of her proudly wearing the socks that killed her).
I was able to actually write out a pattern for a project I'm working on for my LYS(more on that later). I think I have most of it worked out, I should be able to knit it up tomorrow.
And I got much knitting done on another pair of socks.

Javajem also set up Sheeper Than Therapy with her own blog to promote her brainchild,

First Annual Knit- A-Thon
October 14, 2006 10am- 3pm
10227 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 772 3694

Since the Knit-Out in DC was canceled this year, STT decided to start this one to fill our charity knitting needs. We'll be giving out raffle tickets to all who donate items before 3pm.

We'll be collecting:
Knit or Crochet blankets (lap, baby, or afghan size)
chemo caps
pink scarves
red scarves
preemie caps
7x9 squares to be assembled for Warm-Up America blankets

She's been running all around town trying to get the word out, and was able to get great raffle prizes donated by many local businesses. If anyone's in the area, please come by. It'll be a great day!

Mr. Mike, owner of the Lakeside Cafe got to use the swift tonight.

We'll make a knitter out of him yet!

As you can see, he's a great sport. As soon as he heard about it, he graciously offered the use of the Cafe!

2 comments:

Jody said...

I love the picture of Mr Mike!! Maybe we should get him a set of knitting needles for a present and let him make his own coasters!!!

Nittany Knits said...

Thanks for getting the word out for the Knit-A-Thon!!!!