I love knitting socks. I think they’re fun and quick (when you like the pattern and yarn). I hate knitting on a deadline (even when I’m the one who wrote the pattern and picked out the yarn)!!!!!
I feel as if I haven’t knit for fun all lately.
So I’m actually ahead of the game for the first time in months, and have October’s sock mostly written out. It should go to the test knitter (that shows you how early I am, I haven’t been able to use a test knitter in ages!) as soon as the custom dyed yarn gets back in my hot little hands!!
So to share some knitterly pleasure…
Here’s my latest haul from KnitPicks.
I feel as if I haven’t knit for fun all lately.
So I’m actually ahead of the game for the first time in months, and have October’s sock mostly written out. It should go to the test knitter (that shows you how early I am, I haven’t been able to use a test knitter in ages!) as soon as the custom dyed yarn gets back in my hot little hands!!
So to share some knitterly pleasure…
Here’s my latest haul from KnitPicks.
the black yarn is for a special suprise gift...And these are the other books I’ve acquired w/in the last 2 months (along with Lace Style which STT has in her hot little hands):

And look! I really have been knitting:


I decided that I wanted to use the brown Tess yarn for something else. The straight knit does not do the color justice. So I started this one
out of my Canadian stash to join up with the other and finally be able to finish my two socks and win bragging rights.
These are my SOS project scarves:

That’s all for now – off to finish the favors for Jan’s baby shower that I have to FedEx out by Monday!


4 comments:
Shoot! If you are FedExing on Monday that means the squid hat has to be done by Sunday night. I haven't even started it yet!
I'm not sure when I'm going to get the sock yarn from Kraemer (theoretically we could do it super quick. Theoretically. This does involve Carole).
So I can probably just dye the sample skein of sock yarn and get it to you. Then we just have to wait to get the rest.
Lol!! I'm loving commenting after Lindsay. It's like a extra little prize that makes me giggle. I just had to reiterate how much I L.O.V.E that brown Tess yarn. I'm going to have to doible book my stalking time at sheep and wool next year.
The only thing worse than knitting for a deadline is knitting for a little cash in your pocket. Honestly, the types and color's some people choose to have something handcrafted out of is, is....I won't go there. Currently I am knitting new bags out of recycled plastic shopping bags. They will go to Brooklyn were a boutique owner swear's she gets $130 a bag. Here I embarassed to be seen out of the house with the "yarn" in tow.
Post a Comment