Wednesday, August 15

Zimmermania

Tonight at the guild we started our first knit-a-long.
Since I have to get cracking on knitting for Baby B, I was thrilled to find out that it would be EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket.
After casting on 3 times and tinking 4 rows at the meeting tonight, I'm thinking it'll be done by the time the kid is awaiting the birth of HIS first child!

I do have his booties and 3/4 of his hat done. Both knit in Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmere. This sweater is being done in Plymouth Encore.
The Warshrags are being knit in Sugar & Cream, and after I'm done with the second contrasting ball band one, I'll knit solid ones out of the remaining yarn.

I also made the command decision that the Aran Afghan that I was supposed to be knitting this year will now be his special blanket.
The idea is that he gets his first square for being born. After that, he'll get a new one for each b-day and all major milestones. By the time he's ready for college, I'll get them back and make him his blanket.

Great idea huh?

Yes, I'll do ANYTHING to get out of knitting the stinking blanket!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like a plan to me. But here's something to remember. If you wait until he's in college, the blanket will have be full size. Little babies, little projects. Football player's need lot's of coverage. Just a thought.

PS- need your email address my little lovemuffin.

Nittany Knits said...

You can have those three squares I knit and will never use!