Monday, August 6

Almost there

I’m doing the mad rush to get things done for the shower on Sunday.
I’m FedExing the box of favors out this afternoon. I’m terrified of getting to the airport and being told I can’t take them on the plane with me, and there’s NO WAY I’m checking it in my suitcase!
My plan is to finish the tags for the gifts here, (I’m waiting for a box from Marsha) and all that can go in my carry-on along with my clothes. The suitcase will filled with baby items that Jan will be able to use.

While I was looking for the extra baby stuff, I’ve been clearing out the clutter associated with having 2 kids in 2 years born in different seasons. So far I’ve filled 4 huge trash bags of nothing but clothes, one bag of shoes and boots, and one with winter stuff.
I have a few friends with younger daughters, so they’ll get first pick. Everything left over is to be donated along with the other 4 bags that went straight into the donation pile. The STUFF was taking over the house, so this was a good time to get it done as any.

Too bad Jan’s having a boy – he’d be set if he were a girl!

I’ll finish knitting the washcloths on the plane on Friday. I know I won't have time before then. I’m doing two of the ones from Mason Dixon book. The cool ball band one in lime green and aqua, and the frilly one for Jan in cotton. I’ll post pics when I get them done.

No comments: