So being the good catholic girl that I am, I always make it a point to do something for Lent.
It’s not always about the giving something up, in my case it’s usually more about behavioral re-conditioning.
This year I made the decision to work on the healthy body, healthy spirit thing.
My Lenten promise is to:
Drink water and Say the Rosary weekly.
(It was going to be daily, but why set myself up for failure?)
As a rule, I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, one or two cans of Coke in the afternoon, and sometimes a beverage or two (I really don’t drink as much as I seem to) in the evenings. It’s rare I drink water at all, sometimes weeks go by before that happens. I even take medication with coffee or Coke.
The worse thing is my do as I say, not as I do thing with the students. I’m constantly pushing milk, water, or juice. As a rule, they only get pop as a special treat. And it’s usually only Sprite or orange.
So my personal promise is to drink at least 1 litre of water a day, and say the rosary with the students on Fridays. (Naturally, me being me blew the water thing already today. Not a sip…)
I had also promised myself that I would start praying the Rosary again when Nephew gets deployed. I figured the early start for all those serving now can only help.
His deployment date was just changed (again) and it looks like he’ll be leaving Easter Sunday. That also means he’ll be celebrating his 21st birthday over there.
It’s hard thinking about him right now. He is fully expecting that he’s not coming back (prepare for the absolutle worst thing possible and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn’t happen.), so I get exasperated with him whenever we talk. But the good news about it is that he put Catholic on his tags, so he’s thinking about it at least, and that hopefully means that the bible I got him might actually be opened occasionally.
So, wish me luck!
Please!
I need all the help I can get!
Thursday, February 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love drinking water. I start my day with a big mug of cold tapwater. Then as the day goes on, I turn to more stimulating drinks. Currently that means green tea through the morning and into the afternoon, sometimes having my first coffee of the day at 16.30 or so.
Does it make me any healthier?
Not that I notice!
But imagine what I'd be like without it!
Your SP9P
I gave up buying yarn during lent. I should have given up drinking water.... Happy Lent, see you on the other side.
I hate drinking water too. It is such an effort.
A good friend of mine's son is going to Iraq next week. I'll include your nephew in my prayers.
Post a Comment