I actually got back Saturday night. The unexpected visit from the in-laws to the city made me run like the wind.
I’m kicking myself for not getting up early to head out yarn shopping Saturday morn, but after arriving the day before at the George Washington Bridge at 3:15, and walking into bro-in-law’s apartment (50 something and 10th) at 6:20, I wasn’t quite feeling up to it. Then there was the drive into The Bronx that I was dreading, I was a slug.
Thanks to my suburban princess, (Frick announced that she did not want to go out and get dinner, she wanted her Uncle or I to go and bring it back. When I said that we could order in, she said that she didn’t want pizza. So I then had to explain the glories of living in NY, and how we could order ANYTHING we wanted and they would deliver. She promptly asked for Chinese.), we never got to go to Serendipity. But we did go to Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes. Frack was BEYOND happy. She had 3. Frick doesn’t like cake or cookies (she has a severe egg allergy. I think it’s her way of coping), so we hit the deli across the street from the apartment for frozen fruit bars.
So after leaving the city at 1pm (only had to see M.I.L.D.E.W. for about 2 minutes) and arriving at the apartment in the Bronx almost 3 hours later (bad directions and a carsick Frick), we finally left the Bronx at 8:15 and arrived home by 12:45. By then I was more than happy to go to my bed.
To to make up for it, STT met me at Carole’s, and we hung for a while with Knitglit. I got to actually knit for the first time in 48 hours and am now done with the sleeves of Tubey. I'm trying to pick up the stitches for the body. It’s slow going. I’m knitting it in Scarlet Fleece Painted Merino in Olives & Pimentos that STT got me for Christmas.
I’ll post a pic after I’ve started the body.
Monday, February 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So bummed you didn't have a good time. Next time we should definately meet for coffee and a little knit time. See you at S&W
Post a Comment