This has been one of THOSE weeks.
Monday I got the call that my nephew’s best friend got in safely from his extended tour of duty in Iraq. He should have been home in time for Thanksgiving, but at least he is home safe. Many boys from his platoon were not so lucky.
Today, STT, Carole, CFO and I went to Arlington National Cemetery to be with KnitGlit as she said goodbye to her dad.
It was one of the most moving experiences of my life. You cannot attend a funeral there and not be moved. All I could do as I stood there was pray to God that I would never have to return for another.
From sobs of relief that Michael came home to sobs of grief for all those who didn’t in 5 days can make your head spin. I will keep praying for the safety of all troops, and for a resolution to all this.
Friday, December 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment