Monday, December 4

A Tale of Two Projects

Success!

These are the above the knee socks for my 16yo niece. She picked out the yarn 2 summers ago and I've finally figured the whole toe-up heel turn thing. Granted, try # 1 had to be frogged since:

a- The heel turn sucked, and
b- It was WAY too big even for her size 9's




They are both turned now, so all I have to do is work the leg until I run out of yarn.

There is hope that they will be finished by Christmas eve.


And set back:

This was my Arwen cardigan.




This is what happens when you don't swatch.

Took me 10 inches to get the right measurements.







This is my Arwen cardigan covered in wine.

(Notice Frack's sippy cup filled with hot chocolate suspiciously close to my wineglass? I’ll say no more.)

I guess it's good that I was going frog her anyway.

How glad am I that it was the back that got soaked?
At least you'll never see the wine stains. :O)





I hope to cast on again before Thursday where I will be at Sit n Knit w/o Frick and Frack since, as Frick said to Frack when we were leaving last week,
"I don't think we'll be coming back until next year."

1 comment:

Jody said...

Hey - at least your sweater will smell nice :)