Friday, April 25

Look!

Something I can fix:



out with the old stuffing,

in with some new, and,

Viola! A happier Frack.

If only Girl could be made well so easily.


In a few days I will be sending out a plea to help up the odds for people needing bone marrow.

I’m organizing a Donor Registry Drive. Carole has graciously offered her shop for a locale, and we have had several different groups offer to help get the word out. All I’m waiting on is a firm date.

In the meantime, I need to ask another favor.

If you can, please consider donating blood to your local Red Cross.

While in Ireland, there was a young gal at the hospital in Limerick that had plasma there for her treatments. The Limerick hospital is so small, they don’t keep it handy, and so she graciously offered hers up for Brie.
That plasma is what made Brie stable enough to get to the hospital in Dublin where she received the blood transfusions needed to keep her alive until they could come home and get treated at Hopkins.

Brie still needs regular blood transfusions. We've honestly lost count how much whole blood and platelets she has been given. She is getting plasma as well.
We just found out that there is a shortage of platelets at Hopkins and The Red Cross always could use more blood.

Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yaaaay Duckie! Glad you're back with us Dude.

Nittany Knits said...

The shortage is of Plateelets and you can schedule an appointment by calling (410) 995-8951.

Thanks so much!

The Flying Knitter said...

M - You are a HOOT! How could you have hidden this blog from our group?!?!? And WHEN do you find the time...

Miller blood is on the way. Hat will be started tomorrow.