Monday, April 16

Different strokes for different folks

Yes, I’m weird that way, but let me explain…

I have 2 older sisters. Marsha, Jan and I shared a room until I was in the 6th grade.

Our mother (in her infinite wisdom) decided that we, since we were girls, and shared a room, and were only 5 yrs apart in age, would have a pink room.

This pink room included fuchsia walls, pink and white chenille bedspreads, white beds…can you picture it yet?

For a while, every few years, she would have our room re-painted.

Fuchsia.

Every day of our lives that I can remember up until I was in the 6th grade, I lived in a fuchsia room.

Marsha doesn’t care either way. She can take or leave pink.

Jan likes pink A LOT. (I am SO glad she’s pregnant with a boy!!!)

And I can't stand the color. (Which is why God gave me 2 daughters. One of which is the biggest girlie girl I know after Jan.)

This is not to say I will not touch pink at all.

I’ve been known to knit pink on several occasions, mostly for my daughters, or one of my sisters, or something for breast cancer awareness.

(Before I forget: Mary – Frick took one look at the yarn you sent and asked what I would make her with it! Ginger Pie – good call. I just might do the charity thing!)

I just refuse to wear it at all.

No, I really can’t let some things go.

No comments: