So , my sister Jan is in town right now. We’re out together, and she leaves the room.
Here is the conversation that follows:
Lady:
“Wow, she has beautiful hair. Is that your daughter?”
Me:
“No, she’s my sister. Yeah, she’s always had great hair.”
Lady:
“Oh, sisters. You must be a lot of years apart.”
Me:
“Not really, she’s older by 2 years.”
Lady:
“Oh. It must be the hair. Short hair makes you look more mature. Long hair makes you look younger. It should grow out quickly”
Me:
Silence.
Figured out that by that point, if she hasn’t shut up yet, nothing good would come out of her mouth at all.
No, I’m really not bitter about HER…
Wednesday, October 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm sorry but LOL!! Really though, the woman was obviously "special". Someone once thought my grandpa was my grandma's son while we were at the mall. The a few years later a whole group of ppl assumed that my Aunt was his wife. Funny stuff.
Marge, when I went to register at a new church at about 24, I was wearing a sundress that hung loosely. Church lady looks up and chirps "Oh! When are you due?" This after getting my information about how Catholic and SINGLE I am. I said "I'm not pregnant, I'm not married" and she sputtered like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Good times.
Their everywhere, EVERYWHERE, Even here where (trust me) you don't have to open your big mouth. Many I times I have thought. "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear the fool than open your mouth and prove it." SNORT! I don't know who said it but it works for me.
Post a Comment