We celebrated Shrove Tuesday with a pancake dinner at church. STT and the kids joined us and we had our usual fun.
Frick is excited since this means that Fish Fridays at church have started again.
I’m excited because it means that I still don’t have to cook fish!!!!
At any rate, pancakes on Fat Tuesday means that Lent is here again.
This year I have given up Coke. I need to be drinking more water, so Coke gets the boot.
JavaJem is giving up the Diet Coke so I know I’m not alone in this.
I'm also giving up chocolate. That one is usually the hardest since popping chocolate is one of those habits.
The hardest thing I’m giving up this season is all knitterly purchases.
I will be knitting, mainly getting stuff off the needles, but I will not buy any yarn, knitting books, patterns or knitting accessories for the next 40 days.
Yes, 40 days.
40 LOOOOOOONG days.
Carole did give me an out reminding me that since I work for yarn, I won't really be buying it, but I think it'll just sit in my hold bag at the shop until Easter Sunday so I don't get too tempted.
What.
Like you don't think I’ll be there right after Mass?!?
I DO have my own key!
Wednesday, February 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You can do it...be strong! ;-)
Notice the comment is from the gal who gave up yarn until Sheep and Wool last year and then couldn't enjoy purchasing anything.
Post a Comment