Saturday, February 2

Dang it!

I fell off the wagon

I was on a roll with those easy knits I started the first 2 weeks of the year. Gotta love instant gratification projects. Everything was from last year’s yarn (and the year before that) except for Frack’s neck warmer, but I exchanged an extra skein in another color for that.

Then I started the other stuff.

So I now have a washcloth, and two lace scarves on the needles. I ditched the beaded scarf for the shop onto another minion. Just too complicated for my un-medicated mind to deal with.
I also have Mom’s lace stole cast on, just haven’t knit one row yet. Sure, it’ll get done for Mother’s day…

I did just finish a hat to be felted, and 2 eggs (for Frick).

The one lace scarf is for my Monday For Me project, and naturally I’ve started 3 different ones, with 2 different yarns.
The other is a gift that I have to finish by May. That would be why I started it back in December. When I get a chance to work on it, it actually goes by quickly, the trick is finding time when I can pay attention and not be falling asleep in bed.
The washcloth is for Christmas knitting, so it can wait, but the felted hat is for MIL.
She kinda asked for it sometime last summer. I think. I’m hoping to get the thing felted soon. I don’t have a top loader anymore, so I’m not sure how this thing is going to felt. How much do I miss making felted bags since it doesn’t really matter how much it shrinks.
The hat has me buggin.
I’ll let you know how it turned out. The good news is that I still have loads of the yarn left over that I can do a new one if I need to. It only took me 3 days (and 1 year) to knit.

No comments: