Trust me when I say it’s even yummier in person!
We had fun walking around Alexandria for a bit. It took care of our exercise for the next few days.
It’s the first time I’ve been there since I moved here about 9 years ago. It’s perty.
Springwater and Knit Happens were great and I ended up getting me some more yarn. Like I really needed the 1250 yards of the Spectrum lace weight and 2 skeins of Lorna’s Laces. (pictures to follow)
Here’s pics of us at Borders:
Healthy dinner...

This is Daniel.
Daniel is not a knitter.
He’s wearing a hat that someone knit for him back in 1975.

He didn’t get the whole knitting thing, then he started reading the Yarn Harlot’s blog after she was booked for the store.
Then he saw all of us.
I think he kinda gets it now.
We saw lots of cool stuff.
Knitters everywhere
see anyone familiar?Brave babies (cutest thing ever!!!)
Local celebs

BTW - when you’re knitting the monkey on 2 circs and talking, sometimes you forget and end up with only one.
Same thing happens when you’re starting a toe-up sock.

And THE HARLOT!

She was funny and nice and didn’t mind it at all when Storm Moon gave her the 2nd skein of her custom dyed yarn and I gloated casually mentioned that I had the 1st.













4 comments:
Looks like a fabulous time was had by all. I'll have to join in on the fun next time she comes around.
It was fantastic meeting you. We had a great group to sit and watch the crowd. Hopefully we will meet again.
Maybe at Stitches where I am going to make sure I get some of Stormmoonknits fabulous yarn!
Jane
And no-one looks like a stalker...
It look's like a good time was had by all...I can sleep sound tonight.
Post a Comment