A while back I joined a book club in the hopes that I could get away, alone, one night a month, and talk to others about my first love.
Books.
My sister Marsha taught me to read at an early age. We grew up within walking distance of our rather large local library, and Mom was big on us reading as much as possible. (Looking back now, I guess that’s the way Mom kept us on a short leash. She knew where we were and what we were doing at all times. Even when she worked full-time.) By the time I was able to get my library card in the 1st grade, the librarian let me get an adult card.
When my teacher complained (Mrs.Silverberg. Not a nice lady.) , The librarian pointed out that since I’m there at least twice a week, and she knows me, my family, and what I like to read, she can give me whatever card she wants.
(fab lady - Wanda(?). She introduced me to Heidi and Black Stallion, and Laura Ingalls Wilder. Then later Sidney Sheldon, and we’d actually discuss them when I was done)
All my life I’ve been known as “…the one who’s always reading.”
Quite honestly, if it weren’t for audio books, I really wouldn’t knit as much as I do.
As a rule, I’ll read just about everything, but tend to stick to certain authors for a bit. The only books I try to avoid are true crime stories. (I just really don’t need to know about some of the sick things that go on out there.) We just finished reading THIS. It’s been a while since I’ve read a book that made me think that much about so many different things at once. Great read if you like that sort of thing.
Wednesday, January 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I loved that book! I read it a few years back when it first came out. I really like this author - everything I've read of hers I liked.
Was that what you were doing when I saw at Panera?!
Yup - book club night. My friend N and I wanted to stay, but she didn't have her knitting and CFO had to be at work early. Darn!
Reading is also my first love, as well and I belong to a bookclub. We've read some very interesting things the past few years and I will use the one you posted as a suggestion. Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment